Passionate People. Passionate Places.

For a recent Location Photography module at college we were given a brief to create 2 Occupational portraits that showed different locations and careers in the style of the 'Passionate People. Passionate Places' campaign from One North East.
Henry's Barber shop


This first image was taken at Henry's Barber Shop in Newcastle, located near the o2 academy. I've never had my hair cut at this location but the staff were happy to help after I had asked if I could take a picture. I was interested in the location as it had a vibe of a traditional barbershop and I wanted to use a business that was local. For the module overall I decided to focus particularly on local businesses that may only be found in Newcastle rather than business which have branches throughout the country or are part of a national chain.
Joe from Flat Caps Coffee.
For my second image I chose Flat Caps Coffee located in the basement of Elula in Ridley Place near Northumberland street. I had visited the shop a few times prior and I always enjoy the atmosphere of the place, which is refreshingly different in the way it's rather cosy and the staff are happy to chat to the customers. The businesses are contrasting in the way that Henry's shop was established in 1949 where as Flat Caps opened in July 2010.
Both businesses are related in the way that their staff are passionate about what they do and it shows, I believe they embody the title of Passionate People and it shows in the way that their customers are loyal to the business and keep coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment