Exhibiton Plans

Following the Auction to raise funds for our Exhibition at college I'm now starting to shoot and gather my ideas for my final pieces of work. The main concept of my Exhibition will be 'The Red string of fate' a .belief with origins in China that has been echoed through various other cultures within Asia.  

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."

As I've developed my work and aimed towards fashion and portraiture this will be the photographic style of my exhibition. As I'm a fan of Nick Knight's work I used his images for Yohji Yamamoto catalogues from the 1980s as an initial source of inspiration and research.

I felt that as this piece will be exhibited in a gallery I would like to include a more interactive or tactile and physical element into the work. This will be achieved by having a red string lead out of the frames of the image and create an implied connection, I will then attach a piece of red string to the exhibition board to create the physical connection.

As for styling I'm torn between my initial two ideas, a simplistic approach using movement and sheer red fabrics to create a fluid and ethereal feel to the images or in contract an opulent and extravagant shoot that will pay homage to oriental styling in the make up and clothing used as I feel this will help to portray the concept. I have also created a pinterest board for the exhibition which will store my ideas for the styling, posing, lighting and make up needed for the shoot and I plan on test shooting within the next two weeks.



  Follow Andrew's board Exhibition - Inspiration on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment