Photographer: Chris Blott

In the last session on Tuesday at college we were visited by a Guest Speaker, Photographer Chris Blott.
Chris typically shoots fashion images with the use of natural light that can be seen in a great deal of his portraiture and editorial work.

 "I studied photography in Glasgow and spent my early career in Scotland shooting portraits for magazines and newspapers. The simplicity and purity of shooting portraits, particularly using natural light, is still a driving force behind my fashion work today" - Chris Blott 


He is currently represented by Sarah Daw, an agency for editorial and advertising photographers.


 Image ©Chris Blott


In the lecture he discussed questions given to him by fellow students about his typical workflow, how he shoots an image, his early work and how he got to his current position and his use of an agent.
I found the examples of his work very interesting, the use of natural lighting within the pictures gives a simple and clean but effective look.

He also talked about his working practice, complete with a recent campaign he shot for Serengeti Eyewear consisting of a team of around 11 people. I found the talk to be quite inspiring and it made me question and think about my current practices and his suggestions of shooting people that you don't know or possibly have negative feelings towards came at a time where I am currently debating over a few projects to get more familiar with shooting pictures of people and interacting.

-Andrew





No comments:

Post a Comment