Playing with light.

For an upcoming unit at college we have to use the technique of 'light painting' to produce an advertisement for a product or a brand. As I've not really used the technique much I decided to try out some light graffiti with a friend and my sister with varying results. The work was really intended as a bit of fun and for practice purposes as well as seeing how my camera and lens would behave whilst light painting.

The technique is fairly simple. Using a small aperture and a long exposure in a darkened room you use a hand held light source and capture the trails of light made. To illuminate the subject aim the light source towards them, to create light trails aim the light source toward the camera whilst moving.

Here are some of the images from my experiment:

Light Painting-121

Light Painting-64Light Painting-106Light Painting-114Light Painting-56Light Painting-55

Once more, I have uploaded these and more to my flickr

Thanks for reading~!

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment