Design & Branding

After changing my site design around a bit once more (I know, I seem so indecisive with it) I think I'm somewhat pleased with how it currently looks and it's functionality. However, following this I feel as though I may need a re-brand. I'm currently playing around with various logos and typefaces to fit in with the style of the site; neutral, simple and with a rather monochromatic colour theme which helps to show off images in a better way.

I researched into some current photography logos based on these points of the logo design I wish to have.  (Images are click through)



I found this simplistic logo to be effective. White text on a darker background and a simple 2d logo, the aspect of different weighted fonts is also effective in separating the text without the use of a space in the middle.



Another logo including a dark background with a white font, this time with the use of an accent colour. If I used this within my site I could tie the accent in with clickable links and other text to add another point of interest.
Kristopher Graham of Behance,logo design for David Hearne Photography

In these logos, I liked the use of a handwritten font with an underline to separate and a simplistic logo.logos


Taking the above points into consideration, these are some of logos I had a mess around with. As you can see they're a neutral scheme of grey and white. I like the idea of quite a unique looking font for the main name part of the logo, however I'm not so sure on which to use. I also have the conflict of wanting to create a logo that is simple and readable whereas some of these fonts may cause confusion. I'm also not 100% on the circle aspect of the design.

Some Feedback would be appreciated so any comments are welcomed :) You can also talk to me via Twitter

~Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment