Some thoughts.

Based on a lull in the amount of work I've been producing lately, specifically work that's not college related, I've decided that I should get into the habit of shooting more. I feel that I should be shooting at least once a week to make progress and to learn new techniques, I've also been longing for the studio lately.

After looking through my old print portfolio and images on my computer I've decided a few key areas that I will need to work on:

  • Shoot more pictures of people, really experiment with more in how I do so and styles that I use.

  • Try to make my portfolio more diverse, at the moment it seems to contain a lot of still life based images.

  • Research further into some pathways in which my photographic future could travel.
The last point in particular is quite a challenge for myself, at times I still feel as though I'm finding my voice in terms of which genre I prefer in photography I have a respect and admiration for so many genres but it's more of a question of looking into these areas more and which would suit me most as a photographer. As I've said earlier in this post I seem to have more of a calling towards photography based in a studio, I feel I have a greater control over many aspects but this could potentially be a danger in that I could become too comfortable in such a situation.

For next week I'll set myself a target of shooting at least once this week in the studio with a model. I have a shoot in development with one of the first models I've used in the studio who I haven't known beforehand.

Until next time

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment