Final Year & Projects

As of the 15th of September I am now a BA (Hons) Creative Enterprise student at Newcastle College. I feel that I will use my blog more as an outlet for ideas and planning for my final project and eventually my Dissertation however I will still be posting BTS of shoots and whatnot.

For the first part of said project I am to write a proposal that will outline a potential project that I will carry out over the year which aims to
  • Showcase my existing skills
  • Justify the project and demonstrating the demand for the project
  • Show how it has a potential to lead into sustainable practice.  
 

A few initial ideas I have had seem a bit more relevant to the Dissertation side of the final year and I feel I'm having a bit of a struggle trying to figure out which idea will be the best to pursure further.
I feel that I want to talk about models in the fashion industry and how a greater amount of 'alternatives' or 'other' types of models are appearing in reference to gender, tattoos, ethnicity and identity and using these points as research I could also base my final major project on self-representation.

With Portrait and Fashion Photography being my main area of interest, the final project could also take on several forms from a photo book, magazine, website or even an exhibit in the gallery at college. I feel that I have so much to think about in terms of content and also about how I can present my project.

As for a few upcoming things to look towards:

22nd September 2014 - Deadline for Proposal for meeting with tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment