College work: Live Brief

In the previous lecture at college we were assigned a Live brief to be completed over an afternoon, from 2:30 until 5:00. The brief was based on showcasing the college and college life, creating images that could be used to advertise the college and as if our lecturer was a picture editor. We were to produce a mixture of images and present a final 5, organizing the time to shoot and edit before submission.

Performance Academy - Theatre


Performance Academy - Detail shot

Performance Academy - Theatre 

Mandela Building - Interior

Mandela Building - Exterior
After looking at the shots I'm pleased with how they turned out however, I would have like to have included one or two shots featuring students of the college to broaden the range of the images. I feel that I have partially done this by featuring shots in both portrait and landscape formats and with 2 image being quite wide in their viewpoint.

I felt that the brief gave me more of an idea of how tight deadlines can be in the working world, in areas such as editorial photography deadlines are crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment