Portfolio Production Module

In class at college on the 19th of November we received a new module centered around the production of a portfolio. The Portfolio must contain roughly 15 - 20 images which will be based on a central theme throughout. I have chosen the theme of Men's fashion photography and I will then break this theme down into several sub-themes. My initial ideas so far consist of:
  • Grunge
  • Formalwear/Tailoring
  • Prints
  • Denim
  • Heritage/Vintage Clothing
  • Knitwear
Using sub-themes in this way will help to break the portfolio up, I also plan to use different lighting and backgrounds with each of the sub-themes, for example: Grunge to be shot in natural lighting at a location that could be desolate and abandoned.

Within the portfolio I will use different layouts following the visit to Brighton Road studios and the advice received from Mark Taylor on how the layout of the portfolio should change every few pages or so to keep the viewer interested, I plan to use a mixture of white borders, double page spreads along with single images however as I am focusing within fashion detail shots of the outfit worn by the model would also be an interesting feature to add.

To give myself targets for the upcoming weeks, I will research into photographers in the field of Fashion Photography and in particular fashion shoots that have been shot with male models, I will also look into portfolio layouts and themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment